Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Some old swatch photos

Since I found my camera, I'm digging through the 2-year-old photos on the memory card, and naturally there are many polish swatches.

Essie Van D'Go
A peach-pink creme. I applied it very thick iirc, and I had mixed feelings. I'd like to give it another shot.

China Glaze Dance Baby and China Glaze Crushed Candy
I love this combo! Dance Baby is a light, bright, blue-toned pink, and Crushed Candy is a robin's egg blue crackle, like For Audrey. Together they make a very late '80s, early '90s, "Saved By the Bell"-esque look, and the crackle really works in that favor.

Outside of a Panera Bread in Williamsburg, VA!
Zoya Dannii
A purple shimmer. This was so highly rated at the time, but I wasn't really feeling it, and I LOVE purple. I think it mainly only looked great in direct sunlight. It's another one I'd like to give another try.

China Glaze Riveting
Orange jelly glitter. Awesome. I prefer this in autumn over the summer.

China Glaze Smoke & Ashes
Black with teal shimmer. I was disappointed with this at the time of this photo because the shimmer wasn't as apparent as I expected. But recently I used it as a base for China Glaze Electrify, and even before I added the glitter, I loved it. Opaque in one coat, very easy to apply, it's just a great dark color. It's no longer on my "possibly sell" pile.

Zoya Caitlin
Purple-grey-blue creme, much lighter than Zoya Kelly. This was definitely my favorite out of that Zoya spring collection. It also looks awesome topped with Essie Kisses and Bises, another polish that was new that spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment