Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More old swatch photos


 Christmas 2011, China Glaze Jolly Holly and Party Hearty
This is my go-to Christmas manicure. Still doing it every year. This time I skittled it up and only did it on certain nails, so I could fit in more varieties of Christmas tackiness all in one manicure.



 China Glaze Phat Santa with Party Hearty
Phat Santa is a really nice, slightly dark red creme. I should really wear it more often.



NYE 2011-12 China Glaze  First Mate with China Glaze's silver crackle
 First Mate is a perfect navy creme. Perfect!!! This manicure is exactly what I had wanted for NYE that year. The color of the navy in the photo looks a bit too light.



 Zoya Pinta with Essie Shine of the Times
I think Pinta is one of those notoriously hard-to-photograph "blurples". It's a dark creme indigo, and it's a pretty great color for the winter. Notice that it looks purple on the thumb and navy blue on the finger in the background.




Zoya Yasmeen with Essie SotT
Yasmeen  is a highly hyped warm purple shimmer, and it didn't do much for me at the time.




 China Glaze Ingird
 Taupe with subtle shimmer. I believe it's a dupe of a Dior, so to me it feels very ~expensive~.




Finger Paints Military Green
Awesome sage green creme. Love! The pigments separate very easily in the bottle, and FP have a cap that's very difficult to open, so that's my one complaint.




Essie Mint Candy Apple
A bright mint with a lot of blue tone. Surprisingly easy to apply. When I wore this that winter, I felt it looked very summery aqua and seasonally inappropriate for the winter, even though it was originally released for the holidays.




 Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City
Silver foil, three coats. Classic.




 China Glaze Jitterbug with China Glaze Some Like it Haute
 Jitterbug is a charcoal foil, a bit blue-toned, and Some Like it Haute is a slightly glitter version with chunky holo glitter. Jitterbug is alright. Some Like it Haute was a pain the first time I wore it, requiring loads of top coat and then chipping off in chunks, but layered over Jitterbug, those problems are taken care of.





Zoya Kennedy
 A slightly purple pink fleshy nude creme. This looks good on me.




Miss Sporty Raindrop
A tourist purchase from England! A teal creme, that takes maybe three coats, so it gets darker than it looks in the bottle (and probably darker than in the photo). Essie Go Overboard is lighter and more pigmented.

No comments:

Post a Comment