Friday, March 7, 2014

Swatch: China Glaze At Vase Value, Spring in My Step, and Techno

Instead of a snowy backdrop, you get mud.


China Glaze At Vase Value, with an accent of China Glaze Spring in My Step and China Glaze Techno
I always forget how radioactively bright At Vase Value is. Spring in My Step is a peachy pink; the closet thing I have is Zoya Bela, which is like a jelly version and less stark. Essie Van D'Go is much darker when I paint them side to side on an index card, though the "spoon sample" I have of it (ie I painted in a blank Zoya one) looked identical to SiMS on my nail. Spring in My Step is bright, but would be an interview-appropriate color on me! It suited my skintone very well.

Techno is a holo silver glitter, varying big and small. It's surprisingly conservative in density, in contrast to China Glaze Medallion, which I have to wipe down before applying or it'll glop on and cover the entire nail in glitter. The clear base is of a great thin formula, though, so you can layer up the glitter as you like. And Techno is now a core product at Sally's Beauty Supply! I had wanted it since it came out with that spring collection a year or two ago, but it had sold out.

I used 3 coats for At Vase Value and Spring in My Step. If you stared really, really close at AVV, you could find some uneveness, but whatevs. Immediately after I applied the third coat of Spring in My Step, I thought it still looked patchy enough to warrant a fourth coat, but I don't know if I would bother. Maybe the glitter covered it up, but I couldn't see a problem once it was done with. We'll see how it goes whenever I use it for a full manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment