Monday, March 3, 2014

OPI Goldeneye swatch



You needed a nice white background, right?
OPI Goldeneye
Warm, honey-gold flakes in a clear base. Very sheer. I used 3 coats, and a 4th on one nail by accident, and I could still see the tips on most of my nails. If I were to do this over again, I'd layer it over an opaque gold foil, like China Glaze Mingle with Kringle, which already has similar warm gold flecks in it. It's sheer enough that at 2 coats you could still use it as a glitter topper.

I intentionally chose an Oscar gold because I had been extremely hyped up over the Academy Awards. It ended up the way I wanted, so hurrah! If you admired the color of Lupita's dress, China Glaze At Vase Value is a match. At first I thought of Zoya Blu, but that "Nairobi blue" has a touch of green.

Also, 6-10" my butt. I had hoped we'd get 3 inches, that it was all just an overblown prediction as it so often is. We didn't even get 3"; we got 2 and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment