Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday swatch





You would not believe how effectively this song has stuck with me. Unh-unnnh, jazz it up!

Everyone knows Happy Birthday. I believe there are different variations of it; mine came from a mini-duo that was on clearance at Ulta (which I then got half off, woohoo!). It was paired with Raining Men and came with a make-up pouch covered in Happy Birthay-esque glitter. Unfortunately the people who designed the pouch did not cover the glitter with a "top coat" and only left it simply glued on, so little bits of glitter come off every time you touch it. My version of Happy Birthday is heavy on the silver, fuchsia, and green, but red, orange, yellow, and blue all factor in. I've layered on 3 coats here. My very first Deborah Lippmann!

My birthday was kind of shitty. It wasn't nearly as grand as such a milestone event deserves, and to top it off, the day itself has been filled with the digestive consequences of my week's indulgences. I guess that's one way to start off my old age. My birthday last year was MUCH more fun. Last year a bouncer outside of a strip club checked my ID and went, "Ooh, it's almost your birthday!" with an excited expression. Not a single person checking it said a thing this year. I want special attention like a child, dammit. A bartender on my first night out (I had two due to some of the complications that made the weekend kind of shitty) assured me that "your 30s are so much better" and gave me a free drink, so there's that! And even though my second night out was not what I wanted it to be, I'm glad I did it, because it was the last time I would see the friend I went out with for over a month (and she really needed a drink).

No comments:

Post a Comment