Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wet n Wild Wear Skinny Jeans swatch



Ahh, those raggedy cuticles.

Wet n Wild Wear Skinny Jeans is, based on all sources, a dupe for Essie Bikini So Teeny with a superior formula. A beautiful, vivid periwinkle with a shimmer you see as you apply, but disappears as soon as it dries. Brighter than it looks in the bottle and an easy two coats. Wet n Wild's wide brush made it so I only needed one stroke on some fingernails, though I was messy at the cuticles. I think the polish at the cuticles also stretched out as the nail grew. What was most surprising was how hardcore it held up. I put a lot of damage on my nails, and this polish stayed strong. It only started to chip after almost a week.

This is from the Silverlake spring 2015 collection, which I excitedly looked for but have yet to find anywhere outside of the Christmas Tree Shop, where of course I've only found the collection incomplete. A friend spotted it at an Air Force base commissary, but that's been it. The hipster names of the products are hilarious (my favorite is Warm Filter), and I love that it's named after a presumably hipster neighborhood in LA, which I hope to visit this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment