Friday, May 22, 2015

OPI Teenage Dream swatch



~sparkle~

Boy you put your hands on me in my skin-tight jeans, be my teenage dream tonight B|

A pink (not as silvery as my photos make it seem, I think), sheer, somewhat-frosty glitter filled with chunky silver holo glitter.  Good in 2 coats, but I used 3 for to fill out any patches.  You don't truly need the third coat because the polish is so sparkly, it's hard to notice the scant patches even if you're looking.

OPI Teenage Dream looks like a giant glittering diamond of a girly cupcake, and that's why I'm wearing it for my birthday weekend.  My birthday is in the middle of next week, and it's a big one, so I'm claiming this weekend (and possibly the entire prior week?) as included in "my birthday", and so far it's a shitty one.

Tangential story: I lost a few pounds two years running on a treadmill in my basement while listening to Katy Perry's album "Teenage Dream".  Let me tell you, it is a pop MASTERPIECE.  A guilty pleasure one, that is.  It's no Madonna's "Like a Prayer", but it is great for cardio.  The title song itself is a good warm-up, getting you pumped.  Usually when I start to falter, the beat of "E.T." re-energizes me.  Just thinking about the song "Teenage Dream" right now makes me want to go jogging and make my afternoon less shitty.  [Edit: I later did, and ended up injuring my ankle. That's the way it goes!]

From this collection, I was also a fan of The One that Got Away, appropriately named because I passed on buying it, then yearned for it for years until I found it recently in a CVS.  Too bad OPI didn't include a Let Me See Your Peacock as well.

Also, notice the price label on that OPI:  $8.50 from Trade Secret.  Remember when OPI was actually semi-affordable?  Now they're creeping up to $11, which I believe is what they are at CVS, at the least.  Don't even get me started on Zoya upping to $9.  And is Trade Secret still around?  It's where I first found OPI and Essie after starting my full-blown nail polish obsession (even though Essie and OPI are everywhere (though they were less so back then)).  A few months later, the store closed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment